The first Coworking Symposium took place in 2020, and stemmed from a growing interest in the coworking industry across various scholarly disciplines. Coworking spaces first emerged as a response to socioeconomic changes in the 2000s, and have been since then gradually popularised – at least till the pandemic hit the scene.
As we look to the future, coworking spaces will likely re-emerge in various forms, such as the work near home (WNH) trend that is gaining popularity. With that in mind, it is important to present data-driven trends to a wider public.
Coworking Symposium 2021 will focus on the ongoing transformation of the coworking model and discuss the future perspectives that continue to emerge in the post-pandemic world. Tackling various topics such as developmental aspects, collaborative and networking perspectives, HRM and other contemporary topics, the symposium focuses on the most recent studies and practical developments of the coworking and the flexible workspace industry.
- Dr. Janet Merkel – Technical University Berlin
- Ivanne Poussier – ADA Coworking
- Dr. Anita Füzi – Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Prof. Dr. Ignasi Capdevila – Paris School of Business
- Prof. Dr. Ricarda Bouncken – University of Bayreuth
- Dr. Chiara Tagliaro – Polytechnic University of Milan
- Dr. Marko Orel – Prague University of Economics and Business
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Darja Reuschke – University of Southampton
- Dr. Carolina Bandinelli – University of Warwick
- Dr. Julian Waters-Lynch – RMIT University, Melbourne
- Dr. Rianne Appel – Meulenbroek – Eindhoven University of Technology
- Bernie J Mitchell – London Coworking Assembly
Founder and organiser of the event Marko Orel says, “Data that will be shared during the symposium is a great starting point for unleashing the debate on the future of the coworking industry. With that said, I do hope we will have a diversified range of listeners and kickstart the debate on how the coworking industry may evolve in the post-pandemic future.”
RSVP for this admission free half-day symposium and hear from a range of industry experts. Interact using the following social media hashtag #CoworkingSymposium2021.